Eating brain-healthy means eating smart, not sacrificing taste. If your family loves southern cooking even though "Brains Go South on Southern Food", here's how to keep from clogging brain arteries while enjoying delicious chicken nuggets!
(Recipe source: wikiHow.com under a Creative Commons license.)
How to Make Baked Chicken Nuggets
Thrifty chicken thighs are baked in a crunchy coating to make this favorite meal of families. Serve homemade chicken nuggets with a favorite dipping sauce such as low-fat Ranch dressing, barbecue sauce or honey.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup cornflakes, crushed into crumbs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut skin from thighs and then cut them into bite-size pieces.
- Save remaining cornflakes for another use, if you have extra crumbs.
- Add cornflake crumbs to a pie plate or food storage bag.
- Add seasonings to the corn flake crumbs.
- Dip or shake chicken thighs in crumb mixture.
- Bake until golden, about 12 to 14 minutes.
- Cutting board
- Baking sheet
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Oven mitts